Thursday, April 8, 2021

How Does This Work?

I often get asked how energy healing works.

I did a session yesterday, so here's a quick run down.

First, we talk--a lot.  I want to hear why you chose Reiki/energy work.  It helps me get into a better headspace and puts you into my mind/intentions.  I also take the time to tell a little about what you'll hear and/or perhaps experience during your session.

Second, you get comfy.  I have a table I can use, but I also offer to use any chair or place in your home if it's more comfortable for you.  NO you DO NOT remove clothes!  The most I make you remove is metal, only so the energy can flow more freely.   While you begin to relax, I sit and meditate/ground.  This prepares each of us to be where needed to begin.

Then comes evaluation.  I use many tools, as well as my intuition, to feel where you may need more help.  While I cannot tell the energy where to go, I know where to stay for a bit longer when I'm working.

After all this begins the actual energy work.  I either place my hands on you or, if you'd prefer, above you in various areas.  They are mostly focus on your primary Chakra spots, but I add others as well as I see fit.  Again, I DO NOT DIRECT ENERGY--

Think of it as a cell phone--You are the phone.  I am the wire that connects to the plug for energy.  I send energy through, but the energy goes where it's needed most.  It travels anywhere in your mind/body/spirit...it knows where to go.

I've started, during my sessions, to take moments to write notes.  It can be words that come to me during the session.  It can be spots that I feel something.  Being someone that lives with FibroFog, I find writing in current time helps me not forget something that may be important.  It also gives me a moment to reground if I need.  

Yesterday's session wasn't quite as long as the client needed.  However, I could sense they were coming out of their safe clear space and having trouble focusing in the present.  If I feel this sense, I wrap up the session as soon as I feel it's OK to...there's no point in exhausting us both!

After the energy work, we talk again.  I explain what I heard/saw/felt.  I make sure you are well afterwards.  I answer any and all questions.  I also pull a healing Oracle card.  While I at times have to explain the card, more often than not it explains itself...most times it's exactly what we spoke of!

Before I leave the session, I always remind the client that just because I leave doesn't mean the healing is over...Reiki can work for days or weeks after. 

What a blessing!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh What a Ride

I haven't abandoned you, dear loves. Life has been in fast motion as of late for me. There's so much change, and I am just enjoying ...