Sunday, January 23, 2022

A Day in the Life--One Year from Today

***Let me first note that this can be a GREAT way to manifest what you desire. Think it. Live it. Put it out into the Universe.***

It was hard getting out of bed this morning. I'm not used to this kind of cold. Negative temperatures didn't exist in South LA. Everyone was right, though, it's a different kind of cold. It's not nearly as piercing as it was in Cajun Country. That dry air makes all the difference.

Thankfully, the sun is shining today, so I can get out and about. I get ready for my day. I start putting on my layers, and start the car to heat it up. Thank GOODNESS for heated parking! It's been a life-saver through our first winter here.

 The vision of the settled snow covering everything is breathtaking. It still feels like a dream that we live here. I have to drive SUPER careful--driving on snow or even iced roads are terrifying to me! I'm sure I'll get used of it, just not there yet. My boss is good at understanding when I'm late. She laughs at me every time I come in with a look of exhaustion from such concentration. 

I set up for my day. I'm working at a new age/metaphysical/health store. When I'm not with clients, I'm a cashier/shelf stocker/customer helper. I love it! The customers that come in are so amazed by the crystals and herbs and what they can do. Every time I speak with one, my excitement grows. They say they can tell I love what I do...and that my accent makes them smile. Ah yes, that Cajun that got lost on the Mississippi somewhere, that's me! I get reminded at least once a day that once it thaws, I can start at the beginning of the river and just paddle home--never gets old.

I have only one customer today. Things are slow during the winter. This is, afterall, a tourist town. I'll build up my clients once we thaw. I do energy work and a card reading, and suggest items that may help with her awakening. She asks for some good journaling topics, which I'm quick to list off. This is how I'm meant to be. Healing and teaching. Finding like-minded people to be around. I am so grateful that this shop took a chance on me.

I head home, slowly again. I go into my room to meditate and cleanse myself of the day. Marlin gets home just in time for dinner. We're interrupted by a video call--Lilly just checking in. She laughs at us for liking the cold. She and Jenna are heading off for a date, and wanted to say hi before they forget. They are so good for each other.

Marlin and I settle in for another freezing night. Hot chocolate (spiked, we are Cajun) and a movie. Seth texts, letting us know he caught more fish to tease Marlin with. Marlin replies that he's going ice fishing this weekend. Seth says he can keep that crap. 

Every day is a blessing. Each day is an adventure. I am in love with my human existence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh What a Ride

I haven't abandoned you, dear loves. Life has been in fast motion as of late for me. There's so much change, and I am just enjoying ...