Friday, January 14, 2022

And Now, a Poem

 




Ah, my old mask

Worn and cracked from ears of use

Pieces chipped away from getting knocked around

Protector. Concealor. Cage.

You helped hide the hurt and the pain

Struggles of the deep

Too young did I find you

Hiding my true self from the world

Never allowing feelings to truly show

Keeping me from learning of 

Struggle, pain, hate, love

Each moment with you, piling on the weight

Of lies, deceit, heartache

Aiding me in hurting so many

While my soul lies in wait

Finally breaking free! A new life to create

One of joy and beauty, truth and love

Too long was I in prison, dear friend

Hide me no more!

Love of self flows freely, thankful for each moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh What a Ride

I haven't abandoned you, dear loves. Life has been in fast motion as of late for me. There's so much change, and I am just enjoying ...